- 2 Napa cabbage 배추 2 통
- White Asian radish(1.5 pound) 무
- 5 heads of green onion 쪽파
- two cups of coarse salt(kosher salt) 굵은 소금 (Natural premium sea salt for Kimchi)
- 10 cups of water 물
- 1 and a half cup of red pepper powder 고춧가루 (Korean red pepper powder)
- 2 Tbs of sugar 설탕
- 3/4 cup of fish sauce 멸치액젓 (Korean anchovy sauce)
- 3 Tbs of shrimp sauce 새우젓
- 2 cups of sticky rice / 2 cups of water 찹쌀가루 / 물
- 3/4 cups of minced garlic 마늘
- 2 Tbs of minced ginger 생강
- Mix 2 cups of coarse salt in 10 cups of water in a big bowl, melt it well. Cut cabbages in 4 pieces. You can cut second cuts all the way or just for the head like the third picture.
- Put cabbages into the salted water and spread a little more coarse salt on the head which is the thickest part. Leave it for 8 hours. (After 4 hours, switch the top cabbage with the bottom cabbage. )
- After 8 hours, take them out from the water, rinse them a couple of times and drain at least for 2 hours.
- Mix 2 cups of sticky rice powder with 2 cups of water in a small pot and heat it to boil. When it starts boiling, turn it down the heat to low-medium heat and keep stir so it is not chunky. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes and remove it from the stove and leave it so it gets cool down.
- Slice white radish, mix red pepper powder. And mix all together with the sticky rice powder mix, fish sauce, sugar, shrimp sauce, garlic and ginger and add it into radish and pepper powder bowl.
- Stuff the mix into the cabbage each leaf. Put more radish mix in the head because head parts are thicker.
- Wrap the cabbage well with the last leaf(the outside leaf) and put it in the container. You should pack it on the top of the container. If your container is too big, then use fermentation weights.
- Leave the container in a normal temperature area for 3 days. After 3 days, put the container in the refrigerator. 7 days later, you can enjoy!